When you choose to support the Department of French and Italian online, you will be taken to a short general information form hosted by the University of Pittsburgh's Office of Institutional Advancement. Make your online gift now »
You can also go directly to our department's donation page here.
Your gift will be used to support the study of French and Italian.
Our department is especially interested in gifts supporting the following:
- Scholarships to help our students study abroad in Italy, France, or Quebec during the summer. Study abroad is a life-changing experience for our students. Some students lack the resources to study abroad, especially because there are costs associated with travel that do not exist on campus (e.g. international airfare).
- Summer scholarships for undergrads to do research projects on French/Francophone/Italian topics.
- Undergraduate research projects related to our department research networks, which help link undergrads to faculty and PhD student research
- Undergraduate research projects on sustainability/environmentalism in French-speaking contexts
- Summer funding for MA/PhD students so that they can focus on their academic work and not have to take other jobs
- Travel funding for PhD students to do archival work or fieldwork for their dissertations or to help fund academic job searches
- Offering an internationally recognized French certification exam (e.g. DELF/DALF) as a professional credential for students seeking jobs later on
- A book fund for FRIT students to purchase books in French or Italian
- A Maison de la francophonie or a Casa italiana, where students could be immersed in language/culture on a daily basis.
For information on currently funded endowments, click here.